WELCOME TO SURF CITY CAFE!!
Surf City Cafe is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to your students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Please take some time to wander the pages or our website and see the great things we have to offer.
FREE MEALS ARE BACK!!
USDA waivers have been extended until December 31st, 2020. Starting September 4th, we will be offering meals every Tuesday and Friday FREE to all 18 and under! No paperwork required.
Bayview Elementary - 1231 Bay St.
Gault Elementary - 1320 Seabright Ave.
De Laveaga Elementary - 1145 Morrissey Blvd.
Harbor High School - 300 La Fonda Ave.
Soquel High - 401 Old San Jose Rd.
Neary Lagoon Apartments
Salz Tannery Apartments
Beach Flats Park
We will serve all families at any given site and follow all safety and social distancing requirements.
Days of Service
To limit exposure to both our families and our staff we have moved to a two day pick up, Tuesday and Friday. Families will pick up both breakfast and lunch with a variety of individual items including fresh fruit, vegetables and milk that are nutritionally balanced and meet all state and federal guidelines.
Once again our Food Service department is here to help. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate in contacting our office at (831)429-3850.
WELLNESS MEETING NOVEMBER 10, 2020 at 6pm
See our wellness page for more details
Are you needing internet services, click below for more information.
Applications will be accepted for the 2020-2021 school year!
Complete your application online in the privacy of your home. All information completed on the application is confidential and can not be shared by law.
Online applications are processed daily, therefore your child will not miss out and have to wait for paper processing.
Click link below
Please join us in celebrating California Food for California Kids. On Thursdays district wide our students are served healthy, freshly prepared meals made with California sourced ingredients. Please check out our what's new section below or visit californiathursdays.org
Surf City Cafe strives to provide healthy, tasty and appealing meals using local ingredients whenever possible and to give fun and friendly, informed customer service and nutritional education to all our students in a positive, equitable and safe environment.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
We also provide nutritional support for each school to assure maximum student achievement, adhering to the nutritional standards set by the USDA in the National School Lunch Program. Surf City Cafe staff assigned to individual schools ensure that breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper and after school snack programs throughout the district meet the needs of students and staff. Our office is located on the Harbor High School campus.
What We Stand For
- We are committed to not only meeting but exceeding the standards of California Wellness policy and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- We prepare foods with no Trans Fats or High Fructose Corn Syrup and seek to minimize Saturated Fats, Sugar, Sodium and Fatty Foods whenever possible.
- We do not fry foods ever.
- We search for foods with the least amount of additives, sweeteners, salts, sugars, colors and preservatives.
- We buy as much locally grown produce as possible, shopping within the seasons to provide quality and value as well as a wide variety of foods.
- We pride ourselves on nutrition education.
- We are partnering with our community organizations as well as our own staff to continue to teach students and parents alike about the importance and value of choosing local, fresh seasonal foods and eating a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- We are committed to minimizing our environmental impact by using local vendors and farmers and thus promoting the local economy and socially just business practices.
- We use only natural, Green biodegradable cleaning products and recyclable or biodegradable products wherever possible.
- We are committed to all of this while providing value in the choices we offer, and we are mindful of waste and efficiency so as to meet or exceed to our fiscal responsibilities.
Notice: The California Revenue and Taxation Code (RTC) Section 19853(b) requires local educational agencies (LEA) that operate the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) to annually notify households about the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Information Act.